The most important thing that we want to tell you is that everything we do has to benefit you, our users. In order to give you the best recommendations and more of what you love doing, we have to know and understand you better. To do that our App is only available to those having a personal account.
When you are using our services, we might ask you to share with us certain information about you, some of which can contain personal data. We understand that this data is very important to you and we work hard to protect it and to give you control over it.
In this policy you will find:
- Who we are and how you can contact us
- What types of personal data we collect about you
- Why do we collect it and what do we do with that information
- Your choices about your personal information that you give us
1. Who we are and how you can contact us
The See you there app and website are developed and owned by PeopleCompass SARL, having the CUI 37959394, with the headquarter in Calea Dorobantilor, nr 112, ap 97, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, hereafter referred to as “See you there”, “SYT” or the “App”.
If there are any issues related to your privacy and to your data, you can always contact us by writing us an email at [email protected]
We are committed to protecting our users’ rights to privacy and we fully support all efforts to ensure your protection online.
The following is a document meant to address any questions that you may have about your experience with us and we’re happy that you’re a part of our community.
2. What types of personal data we collect about you
We'll give details about why we need your personal information and how we'll use it before you begin, unless it's obvious. The term “personal data” designates all data that could identify an individual.
By installing and/or using the Services, you will be consenting to the collection and record of the information you provide us through our Services or third-party services.
When you are creating a SYT account you are transmitting us the following “personal data”: your name, surname, job title, department, picture, email address and your interests. We may also collect the information you submit during registration, and administration and personalization of user experience.
It is always possible to add, modify or delete all your data.
Furthermore, we automatically collect some technical information from your devices and web browsers even when you're not signed in a SYT account. This might include:
- IP (internet protocol) address
- device ID
- vendor ID
- Operating System
- the App pages you visited
- time spent on the App pages
- the country based on the IP address
We do not collect personal data from persons that are 18 years or less.
We may also obtain your information when you access and use the Services and/or from your user support inquiries and requests. Our servers may automatically record your log data (information that your browser sends when you access a website or application on the Internet). The intention behind collecting this data is to improve our Services and deliver enhanced user experience.
A cookie is a small piece of data sent by a web server and stored by a user’s web browser. Our intention behind using cookies is to understand your browsing activity on our Services. Declining cookies may affect the functionality, look and behavior of our Services. If you accept cookies on your computer or mobile device, they will remain there until such time as you remove them.
You also have the option of sharing additional information other than that mentioned above, across the Services.
We may also obtain or collect information about you from other app users. The information will be used to help you connect with other users.
3. Why do we collect it and what do we do with that information
By providing information to SYT at the time of registration, you are granting us permission to use your information for the purposes thus entailed.
We use your personal data to make SYT better for you and for everyone. That includes doing things like:
- Give you access to the services provided by our website and Mobile App under our Terms of Service.
- Identifying you when you sign into your account;
- Customize your experience, including offering you content in the App that may be of interest to you, accordingly your preferences
- Notify you about the events or other content types you have chosen to be notified about
- Manage, administer, promote, analyze and improve our services and our communications, including measuring and analyzing user traffic and usage patterns
- Respond to your questions or messages and fulfill your requests for services.
- Send you email newsletters and marketing, membership and other communications from SYT.
- To understand whether and when you read our email messages and click on links in those messages.
- Process applications for jobs, internships, fellowships and other positions at SYT.
- Providing you with the information you’ve requested about our Services.
- Analyzing user behavior to improve the Services
- Analyzing user demographics to gauge affinities and interests
- Responding to your questions or inquiries about our Services
- We also may use the information collected from you in other ways, and for other purposes, that are described to you at the point of collection or for which we otherwise have obtained your consent.
During the collection of personal data we will inform users what data is mandatory.
The protection of the data you share with us is one of our biggest concerns. That is why we take all precautions possible, be it by organizational or technological measures, in order to maintain security, integrity and confidentiality of your personal data, and particularly to avoid them being accessed, modified ,damaged by third parties that have not been authorized.
Data collected within our service will be shared within our company and with our subcontractors in order to give you access to the services outlined in our Terms of Service. All this data will be processed and stored inside the EU.
We may use third-party services to carry out certain functions on our behalf. The functions may include, analyzing data and conducting user and/or marketing analysis. The use of your personal information will be limited to performing such functions and shall not be used for other purposes. We may also share aggregate, non-identifiable user statistics with our affiliates and partners only.
Here is a list of our subcontractors that might process your data, and how you can contact them:
Corunca, nr 4, Mures, Romania
We would also like to inform you that under special circumstances, your personal data may also be shared with government and judicial bodies, exclusively in response to legal obligations.
Personal data will not be stored for greater than 12 Months after the last use of our application by the User. Statistical usage data (“usage logs”), anonymized and untraceable, are not affected by this deletion.
Your trust is very important to us. So we’re committed to keeping your data safe and secure. We are committed to never sell your personal data to anyone.
4. Your choices about your personal information that you give us
You will always find the latest version of our policy published on our website and the date since when it has been in effect.
As a registered user, you may access, modify or update the information you have submitted to us by emailing us at [email protected]. We will store your information for the time your account is active and in order to provide the Services. If you wish to cancel your account or discontinue using the Services, please contact us at [email protected]. We will store and use your information to meet our legal obligations, execute our agreements, and settle disputes.
If you don’t agree with the new policy, or for any other reason, you can always stop using our services at any moment and ask us to delete your account and personal information by sending us an email to [email protected]. In this case, we'd be truly sorry to see you go.
5. Information sharing and disclosure
SYT does not disclose any personal information collected through the Services to third parties, expect in cases as listed below.
1. When you expressly agree to the disclosure of such information to a third party when accessing a third-party service that inquires if you have garanted permission to allow such sharing;
2. Where we have a legal obligation to do so, for instance in response to court orders or legal proceedings; or to defend against legal demands or claims, or to safeguard, uphold or exercise our legal rights;
3. If it is required for the purposes of preventing, investigating or addressing fraud, illegal activities or situations where any individual's personal safety, rights or property is facing potential threat;
4. If we deem it necessary for the purposes of preventing, investigating or addressing situations where the Services infrastructure or the Internet faces risk of abuse, including such threats as denial-of-service attacks, spamming or attempts to jeopardize the security of the Website, Mobile App infrastructure or Services in general;
5. To subsidiaries, joint ventures, a parent company or other companies under common control with SYT;
6. If the information is non-private, non-personal or aggregated, such as your public user profile data; and
7. To trusted third parties whose services we have engaged for purposes including but not limited to database management, hosting and maintenance, customer service and data analysis. Your personally identifiable information will be shared only when doing so is necessary to discharge these functions and subject to contractual obligations that require such third parties to ensure the security and privacy of your data.
Communication with users
When necessary, we will send you Services-related announcements. Such announcements include notifying you about temporary suspension of Services for the purposes of maintenance, and will be communicated to you by email and/or text message and/or message via the Services. You may not opt-out of these non-promotional announcements, as they may be critical to providing continual support with regard to the Services.
We understand and we are committed to the principles relating to processing of personal data, such as they are set out in Chapter II Article 5 of GDPR, meaning that the processing activity/ies hereunder shall be provided:
(a) lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject;
(b) for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not in a manner that is incompatible with the purposes specified at the time of data collection ("limitation of purpose");
(c) by guaranteeing the adequate, relevant nature thereof, limiting the processing to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed ("data minimization");
(d) by ensuring that personal data that are inaccurate are erased or rectified without delay ("accuracy and up-to-date data");
(e) by keeping the data in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
(f) by processing the data in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures ('"integrity and confidentiality").
User Rights under GDPR
We process the personal data respecting the data subjects' rights, in accordance with the legal provisions applicable to the execution of the Services. As such We guarantee: the right to information, the right of access to the personal data; the right to data rectification; the right to erasure of data (the "right to be forgotten"); the right to restrict the processing of personal data; the right to data portability; the right to object; the right not to be the subject of a decision based solely on automatic processing, including profiling; the right to address a complaint.
We implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the personal data security and the confidentiality of communications including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures ('"integrity and confidentiality").
Changes to this policy